Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Fantasy U-Museum

Upon entering my Fantasy U-Museum, right behind the doors, will be a huge picture (almost covering the wall) of my dog Louie. He means everything to me and is a big part of my life, so it would make sense to have him be the first thing that everyone would see. Moving along to the room to the left of Louie's picture, will be a gallery of how I think people think of me. The room will be white and bland with no windows; since I never talk in classes, most people don't even know that I'm there so I tend to blend in. White walls never really stick out to anybody, which is the way that I feel sometimes. There won't be much in this room, since most people don't get to see much of me anyways.

In the next room, however, will be a gallery of how I think the people that know me think of me. Loud music will be playing, as I love music, and pictures of me with my family and friends (and Louie) will be scattered about. The room itself is bright, open and sunny with zebra-striped patterened walls. To get out of the room, however, one must go through a maze and figure out which way to take to get to the next area. I love analyzing and figuring out puzzles, so this would be just my thing. Leading out of the maze will be a gorgeous garden with plenty of flowers, shady trees and a trickling pond. I have a fondness for nature and it always seems to relax me, which is how I would want people to feel after seeing my U-Museum. I'd want my U-Museum to overall be an eye-opening experience to other people about who I am as a person. Nothing is extragantly over-the-top or fantastical because that's not really the kind of person I am. I'm simple and somewhat boring, but I do have my passions that play a big part in who I am.

2 comments:

Scott Lankford said...

25 points. Marissa what I find fascinating in your Umuseum is the shy/quiet/never-talk-in-class you versus the you that your friends and family know: "I'd want my U-Museum to overall be an eye-opening experience to other people about who I am as a person." So maybe -- just maybe -- you'll find ePortfolios to be a way to "talk in class" in a different kind of way (one that you feel more comfortable with, and more in control of). Let's wait and see what happens. And, of course, they'll be more than enough opportunities to talk in MY class (as you can tell already).

Scott Lankford said...

P.S. I do wish you had said more about your "intellectual passions" specifically -- since that was the main part of the assignment. So please in future do let us know what kinds of Puzzles you enjoy and how your life as a student fits in :)