Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Weaknesses as a Learner

Besides procrastination, I still have a few other weaknesses as a learner that I need to work on. First, I would say that I am easily distracted when I am working on school work. Whether I'm doing homework on the computer or not, I always find myself losing focus on my work and eventually doing something else entirely. When I'm on the computer, I always tell myself that I am going to work on my assignment right away, however, I usually get distracted by some form of entertainment to me like Facebook or Perez Hilton. This in turn causes me to take even longer to do an assignment that might really not take very long if I had just started it right away and not stopped in the middle to look at something else.

Anther weakness that I have as a learner is probably going to school not prepared enough to learn, such as not getting enough sleep. No matter how much sleep I do get, though, I always find that I am the worst when I get up early. It doesn't matter if I get 12 hours of sleep the night before, I am always going to be exhausted if I have to get up at 6 or 7 in the morning. The easiest solution for this problem of course is to maybe choose classes that start later in the day. However, the one gripe I have with the Honors Program is that certain classes are offered only at a certain time and there is no way around it. My Music 8 class starts at 8 o'clock in the morning and I wanted to take it later but, alas, they don't only it later, it's either 8 o'clock or nothing. Hopefully in college, where I've heard there's fewer/almost no classes offered in the morning, I'll be able to focus better in class and not be so groggy.

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

11 points. Sounds like it's all "worth working on" (later!).