Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Pre-Planning My ePortfolio

I definitely think that I am going to focus on my academics for my ePortfolio because it is really the only area of my life that I can really reflect on. I don't want to go overboard with my exact platform for my ePortfolio, so I do think that I will keep it simple and maybe go for a blog. The digital stories I viewed online did look really fun to make, however, I just don't think that I would have the time to make one. As for my evidence that I will show, that is a bit trickier for me but I have kept some old essays that I wrote over the past couple of years that I am proud of, so those could be a part of it. My evaluators will most likely either be a friend (if I can persuade one to do this) or a family member and a teacher. I know for sure that someone like my mom will have no problem evaluating my ePortfolio for me and teacher-wise, I will most likely go to a teacher who I have a class with this quarter. Specifically, though, I haven't made up my mind although I do have the following choices: Dr. Barkley, Ms. Huerta, etc.

A video enhancement to my ePortfolio would be ideal, but again, if time becomes an issue than I will resort to doing audio instead. During week 9, I should focus directly on my topic and start to gather the evidence that I will use. During week 10, I will get my platform set up (blog), as well as recording either my video or audio portions; basically just finish my rough draft of my ePortfolio. Week 11 will probably be spent looking for evaluators to look at my ePortfolio, specifically teachers. Lastly, Week 12 will consist of just fixing anything that has been brought to my attention and just cleaning up my ePortfolio. I would want to use my work (such as the essays) to show my evolution as a writer, student, and thinker and how I have developed into the student that I am today.

1 comment:

Scott Lankford said...

25 points. You stated you "focus" most clearly in the last sentence of your post. Looking forward to hearing/seeing more!